Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Halal food

As a moslem, I am required to eat halal food only. Halal food contain no pork and pork related ingredients, as well as alcoholic products. And for other meat products, the animals (chicken, cow, sheep) should be slaughtered in islamic way.

However, I and my husband now live in Japan. Moslem is minority here, and not easy to find halal food anywhere. Many common meals may contain a bit 'sake' for taste (many soy sauces have 'sake' in the ingredient), or emulsifier and food stabiliser of which could be derived from pork fat.

I realize it is very difficult to avoid non-halal food here. So, I only try my best to provide halal food for me and my husband as much as I can. Mostly we cook. Fortunately we both love cooking. Cooking at home also can save much money, comparing to eating outside. But sometimes cooking is inconvenient during busy days or in traveling.


No comments:

Post a Comment